Thursday, September 18, 2008
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Trying to decide if I want to purchase a Cintiq or not. I know there are a fair amount of artist moving in this direction.
I have a Wacom which I use on a daily basis...coloring, design animation etc...typically I will sketch on paper and then scan that in. This was my first piece completely drawn digitally. Working with the PS brush settings.
It's a little tricky...because I am looking at the screen and not where my hand is going...when working on paper you can see where your hand is going...same with a Cintiq tablet...but I am not going to invest the money into a Cintiq tablet until I am confident in my 'Digital' sketching skills on my Wacom.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Continuing on with the Deadwood Sketches: Cy Toliver.
This is an assignment I've given to myself to
1. Continue to improve on and maintain a consistant personal style
2. After a doing a number of these...see if the last one is better than the first/gauge imporvement.
3. Experiment with textures...trying to implement the halftone pattern and color in an astatically pleasing/interesting way.
4. I chose to do the Deadwood characters becasue 1.Huge fan of the series..so doing all of these should hold my interest. 2. Wanted to play with the Western genre some more.
5. Experiment with different PS brushes
Tuesday, September 09, 2008
Monday, September 08, 2008
Friday, September 05, 2008
Been reading Slash's Biography: 'Slash'. Interesting Read....trust me. Big fan of his skills on the guitar....so some Friday afternoon fun. Went with a limited color palette on this one.... inspired by the coloring in The Punisher #61 from Marvel's MAX line...threw in a halftone pattern in the back and pretty happy with the results.